Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stand By Me

I found this link today to an incredible international version of Ben E. King’s song Stand By Me: http://playingforchange.com/ I have always loved this song – the words are powerful and the tune is beautiful and catching. I’ve always thought that it would be a great piece for an Olympic Ice Skating routine. Wonder why no one has ever used it? Follow the link, click Enter, listen to this amazing song (turn your speakers up LOUD) and then read about the producer and his upcoming DVD Playing for Change

I’ll have the final parts of Vintage Central Park for you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My all time favourite song.....thanks for sharing the link. My son from an early age loved this song too, he would put the CD player on repeat and would listen to this tens of times over and over.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you very much for sharing the link with us! :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful kit! Listened to "Stand By Me" and had to grab Muffet (1 of my cats) and dance with her. But she wasn't in a dancing mood so jumped down. Wonderful! I loved the inclusion of so many facets of music and artists! Thanks!