Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Rant

I’m seeing something happening in digital scrapbooking that really, really bothers me – horrible, incorrect spelling on beautiful pages! I recently downloaded a set of lovely clustered borders with some word art in the borders. The word “remember” was spelled “rember.” These borders were made by someone here in the United States, someone who should be able to spell the English language. Tonight I came across a page about a demolition derby that had the word “wreck” spelled “reck.”

Wonderful pages are being ruined by using the wrong form of their, there and they’re. The same is true of your and you’re. I am not a teacher! I am just an ordinary person and this spelling issue has become a pet peeve. For heaven’s sake people – if you can use a computer, you must know what Spell Check is!!!!!

So, please take the time to check your spelling before saving those pages you’ve spent so much time on. And thank you for letting me rant about this.

Your freebie should be here for you tomorrow – that’s Tuesday afternoon. If you need to know anything about me at all, you should know I don’t do mornings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree but as much as I try to keep a sense of humor about it....it bugs me too. I'm sure I've made a few myself due to lack of sleep! lol
Wish there was enough space to post all the one's I've run across!
My Husband says there's no excuse for bad spelling and that it's the dumbing-down of N. America being taught in our schools. But...he's not always Mr. Right.
Hugs
Sue

neety said...

I agree Annie. I was beginning to think that I was the only person who noticed spelling mistakes.
I saw the "reck" layout too!
I believe that people are too lazy and in too much of a hurry to bother checking their spelling.